Can you believe that fall is almost here? It’s true! It starts officially on September 23rd, but the truth is that it’s all downhill towards apple pie, pumpkins, cider and turkey as soon as Labor Day is behind us…right?
With the extreme popularity of our Summer Happenings blogs in mind, we thought that we'd also help you plan out some end of summer, beginning of fall events. Let’s get started, shall we?
For Food Lovers…
September 7th, 2019 - 14th Annual Little Italy StreetFest
- Holy cannolis! You don’t want to miss this Italian extravaganza featuring some of the best bakeries, spumoni shops and more!
September 8th, 2019 - Albany VegFest 2019
- For those who love their veggies, definitely get to the Albany Capital Center this September!
September 9th - 15th, 2019 - 2019 Troy Restaurant Week
- Who doesn’t love affordable, delicious cuisine? Restaurant Week in Troy is coming up fast! Make your reservation now.
September 28th, 2018 - Oktoberfest at Hunter Mountain: Ciders in the Catskills
- Is there anything more “fall” than apples? Not much! You simply must get on down to this event for apples distilled to one of their finest forms…cider!
October 10th, 2019 - 6th Annual Saratoga International Flavorfeast
- India! Spain! Germany! Poland! And SO MUCH MORE! Come be a part of a cultural tour de force!
October 13th, 2019 - 13th Annual Troy Chowderfest In Troy NY
- Come one, come all to an event in Monument Square attended by 15,000 chowder fans!
For Halloween Enthusiasts…
September 27th – November 1st, 2019 - Field of Horrors
- Five frightening adventures, one crazy night! Technically though, you can be scared scream-less or scream-ful on any of these dates:
October 4 & 5, 6:30pm both days
October 11-13, 6:30pm all three days
October 18-20, 6:00pm all three days
October 25-27, 6:00pm all three days
October 31 & November 1, 6:00pm both days
September 28th – November 2nd, 2019 - Nightmares at Liberty Ridge Farm
- Creepy creatures and fun beyond measure await at the lauded attraction! But remember, it's not recommended to those under 10…too terrifying!
Fridays and Saturdays in October - Haunted Maze at Schuyler Farms
- If you want to freak out…get lost in the maze. With reviews like “This was the most scared I have ever been," event the bravest among you will be shaking when you leave…if you leave…
September 27th - November 1st, 2019 - Double M Haunted Hayrides
- Mobile scares needed? We’ve got you covered! Take a hayride!
Fridays and Saturdays in October - Zombie Zips at Mountain Ridge Adventure
- Highflying fear? Make your way to the 14+ attraction that advertises being able to scare the BEEP out of you…
For Everything Fall...
August 21st, 2019 - September 2nd, 2019 - New York State Fair
- This is a time-honored event that one million people attend each fall. Be sure to keep it in mind!
September 14th and 15th, 2019 - 10th Annual Harvest Fest
- Harvest the best of autumn at this wonderful artisan and food-filled event. It’s free!
Thursdays in September - Fallbany Art and Craft Market
- This the perfect way to spend your lunch hour as it runs from 11:30am – 2:00pm on Thursdays. Come take in local art, music and culture. You might even go home with a special art purchase!
September 22nd, 2019 - 20th Annual Fall Antiques Show
- If you enjoy searching for a diamond in the rough, your odds will be distinctly better at this event as it has over 60 vendors!
September 29th, 2019 - The Saratoga Giant Pumpkinfest 2019
- There’s nothing like a giant pumpkin to signal fall. Visit Saratoga State Park in late September to view Saratoga’s king gourd.
September 28th - October 27th, 2019 - Fright Fest at The Great Escape
- • It’s that time of year again when the ghouls and goblins lurk around the theme park in Queensbury, NY! The Great Escape has it all; haunted houses, scare zones, zombies, evil clowns… the list goes on! Warning: Fright Fest might be too frightening for children under 13.
For Music Lovers…
September 7th, 2019 - Albany Riverfront Jazz Festival 2019
- In addition to the wonderful musical lineup of Charlie Apicella & Iron City, Skip Parsons and the Riverboat Jazz Band, Black Tie Brass, Dizzy Gillespie All-Stars and The Bad Plus, you will get to see beautiful fireworks!
September 14th, 2019 – Pearlpalooza
- Pearlpalooza kicks off with a free 1-hour yoga class: Yogapalooza. Followed by an all-day music festival, consisting of two stage and a varied lineup of local and nationwide acclaimed music performances.
September 21st, 2019 - Schenectady County Funk N' Jazz Fest
- Downtown Schenectady is getting funky and jazzy! Join them for great music, food, drinks and crafters!
September 21st, 2019 - 38th Annual LarkFest
- Upstate New York’s largest one-day street festival is an event for people of all ages. You can look forward to craft vendors, great food, live music on two stages and entertainment!
October 5th, 2019 - Rocktoberfest
- Rocktoberfest is back for it’s 2nd year of entertainment; featuring fantastic local talent! This event partners with local businesses and vendors while highlighting local musicians for a fun filled day in downtown Albany. Rocktoberfest is also a benefit event to support a local nonprofit: Community Miracles in Action.
For Running Lovers…
September 15th, 2019 - Dunkin’ Run
- The Dunkin’ Run offers a range of distances for all ages on a fairly flat course. Choose between a 5K, 10K and 15K distance or the Munchkin run for kids: 1/2 mile or 1 mile. After the run, enjoy some hard-earned munchkin donuts, bagels and coffee!
September 28th, 2019 - Oktoberfest 5K
- Step right up to the starting line and enjoy a fun course throughout downtown Albany! Get your lederhosen and dirndls ready; participants have been known to run in costume! If running isn’t your thing, stick around for the Albany Oktoberfest block party, complete with delicious food, the finest German beer, Weiner Dog Races and more!
October 12th, 2019 - The Great Pumpkin Challenge
- This event includes a 1-mile fun run for kids, a 5K walk or run and a 10K run through Saratoga State Park. The course is beautiful this time of year as the leaves begin to change. To make this run even more fun, try running in costume!
October 13th, 2019 - Mohawk Hudson River Marathon and Hannaford Half Marathon
- Thinking about kicking it up a notch and tackling a half or full marathon? This is the race for you, the course is flat and fast! The course runs along the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers while utilizing bike trails and city streets. The finish line is at Jennings Landing, the perfect location for celebrating an incredible accomplishment!
October 27th, 2019 - Hairy Gorilla Half Marathon and Squirrelly Six Mile
- Check out another opportunity to run in costume through Thacher State Park! This beautiful course runs along various trails with incredible views. There is also an 800-meter race option for the kids called the Gorilla Chase Kids Run. Not only are there awards for the top finishers, there’s a Best Gorilla Impersonation award and Best Costume award! Gear up for an awesome day of costumes and fun.
We know you’ll love Fall in Albany. Ready to move here and start a rewarding career? Choose us!